It's the Final Countdown!

It is Monday morning. This time next week we will be a few hours away from landing in Atlanta. Yesterday after church, we stopped and bought snacks for the journey and once we were home the kids started packing their carry-on bags.

Darin is running around today and tomorrow and will hopefully be home on Wednesday, which is the day he flies out. Tomorrow the kids do their final assignments for grades and I can finish up their term 2 reports. I am trying to motivate them to work on their research papers, which will be completed after we return home, but they are more interested in updating Tyson's YouTube channel.

We now have three pieces of luggage fully packed and another one that just needs some clothes tucked into it. Darin has also started laying all of his stuff out in his office. It looks and feels chaotic, but I know it will all get finished before we go.


Last week we had a visit with Miss Amo, which was a treat. Tyson and Jori wanted her to watch a movie with them, and Darin and I could hear her jabbering away from the other side of the house. We also celebrated 3 years of life and health for Darin on the 22nd. It was three years ago that he was in hospital for 10 days after a brain bleed. We are so thankful that God spared his life then and that he has never had any ill effects from this event.


On Saturday we celebrated Jorika's birthday at Butterfly, met with the young man who will be staying at our house, and had Amo's family over for a good-bye party. KFC and a cake that Jori made all by herself added to the fun.


This week I invited myself and the kids to Butterfly for supper on Thursday night and will be leaving the kids there overnight. This will give me a chance to finish things up around the house and to just have a little time alone before we begin a long journey in the close quarters of the airplane on Sunday. Jori's friend is being baptized Sunday morning, so we plan to go to church, then come back to pack and turn over the keys to Alfred. Thankfully he already made friends with Nala, so we all feel better about leaving her behind, knowing she will be well cared for.

Please keep us in your prayers as we prepare to send Darin off on Wednesday night. We will only see him again on the 18th of June in Michigan. Pray for the kids as they say temporary goodbyes to their friends and life on this side of the equator and as they prepare to fit into the lives of family and friends in the states. You can also be praying for Alfred as he watches over our house and takes care of Nala. We are thankful to have found such a trustworthy caretaker for our house now that our usual house sitters have their own home to care for. You can also be praying for me that I will get enough sleep before our flight and will have patience with my children and family on the other side as I work through jet lag without my hubby by my side!

America, here we come!


Comments

Jerold said…
Getting a loan of $100,000 from Global Loan Access at the rate of 2% was really easy and fast. I heard someone talking about Global Loan Access on the internet and I give it a try, it work for me so I'm recommending them to you today if you are seeking to get a loan. Contact them at globalloanaccess@gmail.com today.

Popular posts from this blog

Connection and Community

Family Fun Friday

More thoughts on motivation