Leaving on a jet plane...but first:

Tomorrow I fly to Kenya. I am mostly packed, and starting to get excited. I know that Darin and the kids will be just fine, but the whole process of leaving takes a bit out of me.

Jori started school last week Friday. So far, her year is off to a good start. She is in Grade 7, top of the school! She has already had homework, but so far there hasn't been too much griping. 


Tyson started his new school on Wednesday. His opinion is that it is better than sitting home with nothing to do...I guess that is a good thing. Being back in school has been an adjustment for sure, and having him at a new school means that Darin and I have a bit of a learning curve to go through as well. I remember how different I found the South African school system when our kids started at Jabulane, and that was a school run by Americans! Now I again finding myself trying to understand a new school, that has just opened a high school, after a year of having Tyson out of school.


We had a night without power recently. It definitely reminds me to be thankful that we live in a place that has more good days than bad days as far as the availability and reliability of power and water! It also made me happy that my hubby is not only a water guy, but a solar guy as well and with the help of our lovely Forty2, we were able to plug in fans to keep the mozzies away!


I have been busy making site visits to a number of day care centres in preparation for being in Kenya for a week. To start off the new year, we are having our partner centres fill in a questionnaire to see how the different things they received from Take Action (training, infrastructure, food and more) have benefited their centre and the children they care for. I have found myself so encouraged by the responses so far! What we are doing is making a difference to a lot of different people. Our help ensures that children are fed, staff members are paid and can care for their own families, teachers are being trained and Jesus is being made known to young and old! For those of you who support us to live and serve here in South Africa, thank you!!! Many of you have also given to special projects that directly benefit our partner centres. Your giving makes a difference! 


Thank you for praying for our family; For Tyson and Jori as they face things both common and uncommon to the average teenager/preteen; for Darin and I as we balance work and family; for our family as we live in a country that is not our own and face challenges related to this; for Take Action Ministry and the lives that impacted through this outreach. Your prayers carry us through more often than you know! 

Is there anything you would like to hear (or see) more about? Life in South Africa, our work with Take Action, what life is like for our kids, more crazy rants from me? Please ask!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connection and Community

Family Fun Friday

More thoughts on motivation