Cellphone woes

Earlier this week, I had my phone stolen right out of my hand. I was at a red light looking at a message that had just come in (I know, shouldn’t do that) and just like that, my phone was grabbed. I yelled and yelled “Hey, I need my phone! Please give me my phone I need those numbers! You can’t take my phone!” and other stuff like that. I was just about to get out of the car when I sensed a presence at the passenger side window; there were 2 men looking at me, one who had my phone in his hand. My very first thought was “Oh, they were just trying to teach me a lesson about having my phone out in the open.” That thought lasted a split second and then I was yelling again. The thief kept saying “Sorry, ma’am, sorry. I shouldn’t have taken your phone. I won’t take from you”, while the older man, who I am assuming heard my screaming and made the younger man do right said “You should pay him R10 ($1)”, to which I replied “I am not paying him, he just stole my phone!” The would be thief stayed at my window asking for forgiveness while I continued to yell; “Do you see this child? (I had Tshwarelo with me) I am taking care of children and you stole my phone!” Thief: “Oh ma’am, you are working with the black people, I will not steal from you”. Me: “You shouldn’t steal from anyone!” Thief: “Yes, ma’am sorry. Forgive me, please forgive me.” More yelling from me and then I forgave him and said “And don’t steal again!”

That was Monday. Thursday, my phone rings and it’s Darin. “My phone was just stolen off my lap.” I kind of laughed and said “Yeah right, that’s funny”. Darin: “Why else would I be calling you on Annah’s phone? My phone is gone.” Long story short, Darin’s phone was grabbed OFF OF HIS LAP while he was saying good-bye to Amo’s mom and uncle who had been in town with him that morning. He parked along the road to let the passengers out, turned to say good-bye, phone gone. So he has lost a few contact numbers and other important info, but we are thankful he is safe and other than losing a phone whose battery went flat after 10 minutes of use, all is well.

Then Saturday, Darin was dropping one of the mamas off close to the taxi rank as it was raining. He was on a back road, which is hectic on a good day, but really crazy with the rain. He was just driving, minding his own business when WHAM! This guy runs out from in front of a parked taxi and runs right into the side mirror of the combi, bashing it into the side of the vehicle and shattering the mirror. The guy then continues to run around the back of the vehicle, so Darin has no clue if he was injured. If he had ran out a few seconds earlier, he most likely would have ended up under the front tires of the car. Darin came home just a tiny bit unsettled and ready for some quiet. Even before being ran into he was pretty wiped out as he had completed his third Warrior Race that morning! He is the man, even if he was feeling all of his 37 years!


Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. ... Psalm 91

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connection and Community

Family Fun Friday

Sax-y and I know it