Yet another overdue update

It has been a busy few weeks, which explains my blogging absence. At the end of September, little Amo had a seizure. It was the second one and was a lot more intense. She was having convulsions for over 2 hours, and continued on even after medication had been administered in the hospital. Our experience at Jubilee was much better this time around. I think it all depends on the mood of the people who first greet you. Last time we were viewed with suspicion by one sister (nurse) and that led to a lot of hassle and stress for us and Amo. This time we were ushered right into an emergency room, oxygen was started as soon as we laid Amo on the gurney, and the doctor came in within minutes and administered meds. We were so very thankful for the love and care shown to Amo and the way these professionals listened to us instead of treating us in a suspect manner.

Amo was in the hospital for almost a week as she was on IV antibiotics. She was so tired the first few days after coming home, but gradually started perking up a bit. This past Wednesday the 9th, we were able to take Amo in for an EEG and MRI thanks to some very generous doctors and technicians (God was at work!!) and now have a better idea of what is going on with Amo. She does have epilepsy, caused or as a result of her cp. She also has hydrocephalus, but it is “old” and not a concern at this time. We pray that it continues to not be a concern for a very long time! We are thankful that now, over 2 weeks later, she is back to her smiley self. She giggles, wiggles, babbles and waves her little arms and we feel so blessed to witness all of these sounds and actions.

Darin has also been really busy with the business side of life. He is one of the hardest working men I know and I am so proud of him. I would go nuts dealing with the setbacks and disappointments, the unreturned phone calls and unanswered emails, but he just continues to press on and work harder. Right now he is in Zimbabwe pursuing a few leads. We are praying for his safety and also praying that God will open doors to allow things to move forward.

Thankfully we have Tyson to be the man of the house while Darin is gone. Today he woke up not feeling the best, so he stayed home with me. I don’t even know when I last spent a day with just Tyson and not Darin or Jori being around. It was nice. He helped me clean my room and measure some boards, we read together, took a walk, I watched him swim and he watched a movie in my room. He is feeling much better and will be back in school tomorrow.

Both kids are keeping busy at school. It is almost the end of the year, so their teachers are trying to get things wrapped up in different subjects. Jori is almost finished with a handwriting book (please, let that by the end of handwriting for the year!!) and Tyson has a few tests coming up. They are both doing well in school and we are so thankful for the good year that God has given them. There are tough times, but overall they both enjoy their school and have found their place there.

We are gearing up for some changes, which I will write about soon. We are also gearing up for a visit from Darin’s mom and dad. His mom arrives next month and his dad in December. We are really excited to have Grandma AND Grandpa Fey come and stay with us. We have already started planning a holiday, which involves a canopy tour, something I was fine with until I was told it involves zipping over a gorge on a cable. Um, I’ve done that and am over it, but I guess I’ll have to conquer my fears or take an extra dose of my anti-anxiety meds that day to get me through.

So, we are busy, but blessed. The busy isn’t all bad as we’ve seen a lot of good things come from it including a lot of our kids having visits from family members and meeting with a wonderful group of people who have a heart for the greater Hammanskraal area.


I am posting this without my dear hubby proof reading, so forgive any grammar mistakes. That is definitely his area of expertise and not mine! Thank you all for praying. There are days where we know for certain that it is only those prayers you so faithfully offer up on our behalf that get us through! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connection and Community

Family Fun Friday

Sax-y and I know it