Stuff

It’s Saturday today and a new week starts tomorrow. It is now September! Where does the time go? We have been keeping busy, as always. Last night Darin and I got away for a date night. We had dessert at Tamboti and were able to talk without the distraction of children or a computer. We didn’t stay out late as it is still quite cool here at night and my flip flops and Darin’s shorts were making us both feel a bit too cold to be outside. We are having wonderful summer like weather during the day and the house is actually warming up to the point where I can sit at the computer and type without my fingers feeling frozen and stiff. Hooray. The birds are out early every morning and the scent in the air is heralding that it is SPRING!

This morning a group of girls from a nearby University came out to spend some time with the kids. It is always a blessing to have visitors who are willing to get down and dirty, whether it is helping with the kids or helping out around the house. Having all the extra hands freed me up to sort through Tyson and Jori’s clothes, allowed Auntie Ann Sofie to make some apple sauce and gave Auntie Anja the time to sort through some clothes in the storage room for me. I even did a few loads of laundry today and washed all my winter sweaters.

 Now our friend Tim is here with two of his kids, Caden and Haley, which means Darin, Tyson and Jori are all occupied. Jori and Haley are playing dress up, Tyson and Caden are hunting ghosts and Darin and Tim are working on the volunteer cottage. I am doing some dinner prep and typing this blog AND eating chocolate chip cookies that my friend Athena sent along with her family. YUM!

On Monday night, a new auntie arrived from Illinois. Whoop whoop for the USA J She even brought me a pack of double stuff Oreos. I am one spoiled lady. Auntie Gabby is fitting right in. You can tell she comes from a large family as she definitely knows her way around children. On Tuesday, Thato and Pontsa were moved from TYB to another care facility. Be praying for these sweet sisters as they adjust to another new place. Uncle Dennis also left on Tuesday. So many comings and goings!

On Friday Oarabile picked up her new custom made braces (with the help of Darin and Auntie Ann Sofie). I need to get some pics of her in her new gear. It makes such a difference having braces that actually fit her feet! We had social workers stop in this week and a lot of phone calls and emails going back and forth with different service providers.

Darin was gone last weekend to the Getaway Show, a huge outdoor expo in Pretoria. They made a lot of sales and several good connections with people who are interested in the products Darin’s company sells. We missed having him around all weekend, but are so proud of all he does.

Tyson and Jori are keeping busy at school. They have a week of holidays coming up at the end of the month. Their next holidays are in December and GRANDMA KAREN and GRANDPA RICK will be here!! Yay!! We are a little excited, can you tell. Then, their next holidays are in April and Papa and Gram will be here! (They will get capital letters when their arrival time is closer!) We are so blessed that our families are willing to come and spend time with us as South Africa isn’t the cheapest or most convenient place to travel to. I guess they just love us J


I am sure I am forgetting a lot of things that have happened between now and the last time I wrote, but this is all I can remember right now. We are all doing well and are thankful for the prayers and encouraging words that so many of you send our way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connection and Community

Family Fun Friday

Sax-y and I know it