It is Thursday


It is Thursday, just before noon. I am sitting in our bedroom/living room enjoying a moment of semi-quiet. I think I have to wait for total quiet until sometime after 7:30 tonight, although if tonight is the same as last night, the quiet won’t last long. We have one little guy who enjoys banging his head on his crib. The mama’s rustled up a crib bumper from somewhere, so we’ll see how that works tonight.

We are starting to feel a bit more settled. I have finally put away most of our things, but that is only the stuff we hauled over here the first couple days. The majority of our clothes and stuff is still at the other house, waiting to be sorted through, packed up or brought over. I’ll get to that sometime this month still I hope. A third volunteer (Hi Gemma!!) is arriving at the end of next week, so that will definitely free up some more of my time.

We made it through another week of meals. I start to celebrate the success, then I remember that I need to do it all again and I want to cry a little bit. Grocery lists and meal planning is just not my thing. It could be my thing someday, but right now it is a slow process for me that makes me feel like I don’t measure up to some standard that is in my mind.

I have a list of things to do and things I want to do and things I need to do that is a mile long. I keep saying I’ll do it next week, or the next, or the next…it will happen eventually. We did move our bed over yesterday afternoon and I slept very well (when the head banger was sleeping that is).

Tyson and Jori are doing ok with all the change. We've had a few meltdowns and some not so great bedtimes, but I need to keep reminding myself that these are normal reactions to such a big transition. I met with Tyson’s teacher on Monday and she had the great idea to have Tyson stay after school for about 30 minutes to finish his homework before coming home. This works out perfectly as most days Darin is picking up the Harding boys from their school and he had been first getting our kids then the boys, but now he just switches the pick up around and they’ll still get home at the same time. Yesterday was the first day we put the plan into action and it made such a difference in our day. Tyson was able to come home and go play with the other kids and we didn't have to do the homework battle!

Our internet is giving us some grief. Our modem with unlimited internet isn’t working very regularly, so when we do have the time to sit down and catch up on things online, we often can’t. So, please pray that we can find an inexpensive solution as staying in contact with family and friends is a vital thing for us right now!
Today Darin had 2 meetings, so he dropped off the kids and headed straight to Pretoria. Hopefully he’ll be back around 3. I miss having him around, but so far the day is going pretty well without him : ) It helps that both volunteers are on duty today, so I don’t need to step in and help with the kids as much, so I can get some things on my to-do list done.

We really, really feel so blessed to know that so many people are praying for us right now. This all happened so suddenly that a lot of our friends and family didn't even realize we’d moved. Please feel free to pass our blog along to anyone who might be interested and keep praying! 

Comments

Anonymous said…
All of you are on my mind so much of the day and I always say a little prayer for you. I'm maybe thinking so much about you since I would LOVE to be their, helping out with the transition and all. Jonna, I'm sure that you are doing an excellent job with the meals - don't think otherwise! So very glad that Tyson can stay after school and get homework done - his teacher then can help too if he has questions - wonderful idea on her part!! Was great seeing pics of Tyson, Jori and miss O, also of the other kids, can see that they are growing so much!
Take care - and we'll keep praying!
Love you much!!
Mom Fey
Anonymous said…
the good news is, you don't have to be perfect... i think the best planner in our family is mom, and i am sure she hasn't always been perfect with her meals either... just ask colby about the beets... so just do one day at a time, and don't wish them away, see what the Lord has in store for each day and rest in that... dont' worry saying what shall we eat or drink or wear, HE sees you .. He knows you.. xoxox Laurie
Anonymous said…
Dear friend - Praying as always but also wanted to tell you how proud I am of you for stepping so far outside of your comfort zone and being willing to love others outrageously. I've been reading Francis Chan's Crazy Love and he wonders what the world would look like if Christians were willing to go to extremes for others - you are living that friend and while many days seem just plain crazy, know you are there in love - crazy love!

Popular posts from this blog

Connection and Community

Family Fun Friday

More thoughts on motivation