Sax-y and I know it

Last night we went to cell at the Strecker's house. They will be moving back to Austria in June, and are busy packing up and giving things away. Tyson and I were already in the car when Jori and Darin finally came out. Jori had on a little jacket that her friend Aliya had outgrown. We hadn't gone too far down the road when Jori said "This coat feels a little saxy." Darin and I looked at each other and then asked her to repeat herself. "It feels a little saxy", she said again. I asked her what "saxy" meant and she said "You know, it's kind of like it feels jealous". I asked if she meant that other people would feel jealous of her wearing it, but she said "No, it just feels jealous".

Tyson then chimed in "She means sexy", which we already knew, but having her describe something as "saxy" and "jealous" was much more entertaining.

She just went and put her new jacket on and I asked her if she could show me how she feels in it and she did a bunch of little poses; hand on hip, one leg jutting forward, a quick spin and then she was looking at me over her shoulder. I asked if those were saxy poses and she said "Yes, this is saxy." Unfortunately Darin has the camera right now, so I can't get a picture of her. I am just hoping she will be willing to pose again when he is home.





As you can see, she was more than willing to pose again. We're not sure where she got these poses from, as neither Darin or myself go around practicing saxy moves, but she's picked them up somewhere. I did tell her that her daddy and mommy would rather have her just do silly poses and dances and not worry about being saxy. If the way she whipped her head around at me as she danced off is any indication, I'm not sure she took my message to heart. 

Comments

Sarah said…
Oh my! So funny. Pretty sure that I'd just look silly if I tried those poses.
Pauline said…
She is hilarious! Love it! And you might be in for some trouble as she gets older.....
liz said…
I miss Tyson and Jori so much! I LOVE this post! She sure has some attitude :)
Anonymous said…
She does look saxy!! She's great :)
Jen E.

Popular posts from this blog

Connection and Community

Family Fun Friday