Friday Favorites

I have been having a hard time sitting down to add anything to this blog lately, so I thought I'd just do a quick post to try and get back in the groove. So, here are some links for you to peruse if you so desire.

  • I am not a huge jewelry wearer. In fact, there are times (many times) that I don't even wear my wedding ring. However, I was introduced to these necklaces by my sister Laurie and I love them. Her friend Michelle creates such beautiful pendants and they are very reasonably priced. Michelle also does special orders if you can't find just what you are looking for on her site. I recently placed 2 orders, including 2 special orders and love how they've turned out. So go check out Michelle's site, lovelywordz, on etsy, place an order, and tell her Laurie's sister sent you!
  • I believe I've mentioned before that I love to read blogs, including blogs of people that I don't know. I have been cutting back on this habit, because I know it can turn into a total time suck, but the ones I am still reading are written by people that just have a way with words and often say the things that I am feeling, but in a much more eloquent way. Here are a few posts that made me cry this week. First, Heather, a missionary in Haiti, writes about what it's like to pack up all of your things and the struggle of letting go. Next, check out this post by Caroline. Caroline and her husband are currently serving in South Africa, but will be moving back to the states around the same time we head to South Africa, which is a bummer, but I am glad I will still get to read her blog as she says some very wise things. I may not always like to hear those things, but that usually means they are right on target!
  • Here are a few other blogs that I think you should go read. Two are written by American women who have lived in South Africa from 3-5 years. I have been so blessed to get to know Annie and Trace through their blogs and emails and I look forward to meeting them in person. The third is written by a South African woman, Retha, who has been a wonderful source of information for me
Enjoy the links and have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connection and Community

Family Fun Friday

More thoughts on motivation